Senior Transmission Line EngineerÂ Â Vanderweil Engineers is an MEP, technology services, and power engineering firm dedicated to providing value-added services.Â Our 450 person staff has expertise in many areas. We are committed to developing customized and innovative solutions.
Vanderweil is seeking an engineer with experience in the design of electric utility transmission and distribution lines. Specifically, Vanderweil is looking for a Senior Transmission Line Engineer to provide project management and technical leadership to our teams of professionals engaged in the engineering/design of transmission and distribution lines 15 kV through 345 kV. This position shall report to the Director of Transmission & Distribution and be based out of our Boston, MA office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of transmission and distribution line projects including: routing of lines, evaluation of asset condition, structural analysis and foundation design from conceptual / feasibility engineering, through detailed design, construction support and as-built phases. The successful candidate will plan, direct, and supervise teams of engineers and designers engaged in delivering the design of new or modification of existing transmission and distribution lines. The successful candidate will be engaged in the preparation of transmission and distribution line designs, structural and foundation design drawings, bills of materials, supporting calculations and studies, as well as equipment and construction specifications, bid documents, bid evaluations, and subcontractor management. The successful candidate will assure the work products are compliant with all applicable Client standards, codes and regulations.
- 8+ years of professional experience in transmission and distribution line routing and tower structural and foundation design.
- Extensive and current experience in the engineering and design of transmission and distribution lines.
- Proven leadership of engineering/design teams including responsibility for managing budgets and schedules.
- Expertise in transmission and distribution line design software such as the PLS-CADD suite, STAADPro and SAG10.
- Working knowledge of applicable IEEE, ANSI, IEC, NERC/FERC requirements as well as applicable NFPA, NESC & NEC codes.
- BS in a related engineering discipline is required.
- Engineering PE and NCEES registration are preferred. Willingness to pursue professional engineering licensure is expected.
- Willingness to travel to client offices and jobsites is expected as well as the ability to perform site walk downs.
Founded in 1950, Vanderweil is a company that values its clients, its employees and the environment – and we have built our practice accordingly. To enable us to provide personalized services, we have organized the firm around a series of specialty groups, each focused on a particular area of expertise. This allows us to create an experienced and responsive engineering team for each project. Our portfolio includes projects of all types and sizes.